Preventive maintenance, as provided by Florida Comfort Air Conditioning, Inc. on your heating and air conditioning equipment is crucial.
Often referenced to as Tune-Up, Tune & Clean, A/C Check ups, and Maintenance Inspections should be performed twice a year. This is an industry standard recommended by manufacturers, FP&L, home inspectors, warranty companies, energy star, N.A.D.C.A, ACCA and other experts in the field.
It will save you money on your electric bill and extend the life of your equipment. Our maintenance inspections are comprehensive.
A thorough Maintenance Inspection includes;
- Check and lubricate any oil-able motors
- Inspect safety equipment
- Clean out the dirt and debris from the bottom of unit
- Run test the heat
- Level and calibrate the thermostat as needed
- Visually check the evaporator coil for mold, mildew and impaction
- Clean the condensing coil
- Check for any loose or frayed wiring
- Inspect line sets/armour flex.
- Inspect supply and return plenums
- Check the freon to make sure it is within specifications
- Clean the filters or if necessary, replace the filter with a 3 to 5 year washable one at no additional cost
- Flush and vacuum out the drain line
- Visually check your ductwork for any leaks and separations to make sure you have proper air flow
- Do an amp draw on the motors to show how much electricity your unit is using
Depending on the location and size of equipment, done properly this should take 45 minutes to an hour.
Our technician will note any problems or recommendations and give you the upfront standard pricing for that repair.
We will not recommended any unneeded repairs or try to convince you that you need a new system.[box] It is part of our company policy to not “up-sell” and our technicians do not receive any bonuses or percentage of parts sold.[/box]
This is important. Part of the reason other companies can offer the same services for a price that does’t even cover the cost of gas is they a “required” to sell the home-owner something.
Even a good natured honest technician working for a company with this policy does not have a choice.
These are morals within our company that sets us apart from the rest. We are honest hard working people with integrity. We love our home town and the people in it. We take pride in being your repair company, and will not betray your trust to make a quick buck.